Thursday, June 2, 2011

[Ella] Magazine Feature: Me! Magazine

*I asked AF Ella forum to translate this and I'm so happy someone did!

PLEASE TAKE FULL CREDITS IF/WHEN TRANSFERRED ELSEWHERE.
  
Translations by acilsakura @ http://asianfanatice.net



Please call me a hot/sexy girl


Ever since SHE's Selina was injured, this is the first time Ella is accepting a photoshoot and interview with a fashion magazine alone. How to present her became our main topic. Inside, we don't want to stay in sadness, but on the outside, we also didn't want to let Ella stay in her Tom Boy image. Hence we prepared a Vera Wang wedding dress in contrast with her androgynous qualities. Originally, it's ok if she didn't want to wear it, but surprisingly Ella said she loved the dress, and had a lot of fun spinning around in the wedding dress saying "Now I'm very feminine, with a womanly feel." Who knew that originally this Vera Wang wedding dress was for Selina to wear, but now Ella got to wear it first.




I can't go back...


"I can't go back", this is a very classic phrase in the show "The Fierce Wife" (or "The Schrewd Wife"), and is Ella's current feelings. SHE is Taiwan's longest lasting female group, with no fights, nor a decrease in popularity. They've been together for 10 years and have been popular for 10 years, but because of Selina's accident, normal life has been messed up. "Truly because of Selina, the work has decreased a lot. I'm like Hebe now, I have to start out alone, face many problems by myself. Actually sometimes it's very sad, even though the past days were very tough, but it makes me reminisce the past, just thinking that for a short while I can't go back, it makes me very sad". Life never lets you follow the path that you originally planned, so you must learn to face the pain. "Before, I didn't know what I was doing, I've always been living under other people's expectations, my all was controlled by others, no place for me to say No or think. Just like in my first film, I've never taken any acting classes before I started filming, but I think life is more fun like that. Selina's events made me understand, people must have an open mind, you must accept the good things and the bad things, the bad things will make you smarter and make your life fuller."


Actresses are also human


Ella won't let problems trap her, instead she enjoys every part of her work. During the photoshoot, she was greatly showing her down to earth attitude, even with a photographer she only met a few times, she would still say "I think I've seen you somewhere before?" After changing to a new style that she likes, she will complement the assistants "you're so great!" During breaks, she would make jokes and sing with the makeup
artists, reducing the stress of "serving the actress". "When the work atmosphere is light hearted then everyone will be more efficient. I've never been a soft spoken person or the type to eat politely. I don't want to create a distance or make that super star atmosphere. I don't think it's necessary, actresses are also humans."

But Ella is also too relaxed, she was in sexy shorts with fishnet stockings, but her legs were spread out when she sat down. I couldn't help but be scared for her, since the paparazzi's love to take pictures of actresses being exposed. "If they took a picture, then just laugh about it! I also put a lot of funny pictures on my own blog because that is the real me." But Ella is not without weakness, I asked her about the recent malaysian guy that was rumored to be her boyfriend, she answered very quickly, but it's also a very formal answer. "A lot of
people are so curious about that part of actresses, but that is not part of work, so I don't want to discuss about this topic, but I truly thank everyone for taking care of me!"

History (from left images to right)
Picture 1: Even though Ella had short hair just like a boy, but when she was little, she still poses like a delicate princess.
Picture 2: In elementary school, Ella performed as a Hawaiian dancer, this is her first experience wearing a bikini.
Picture 3: When SHE first started, originally they were thought to only produce one CD, but they stayed together until now
Picture 4: Hana Kimi is Ella's most famous film, and her androgynous image stayed in everyone's heart.






From Androgynous to Feminine


Even since Ella started, she had short hair and an androgynous style, but ever since the mental torture brought by Selina's injury, I curiously asked her if she wants her style to be become more feminine. She immediately said "I'm already very feminine now! Before I just want to look cool, but now I am more feminine, I'm the most feminine during this time." Ella keeps defending, "before, people walking by would just say Ella is so cute, but nobody would say that I am sexy, but now people are starting to say Ella, you're so sexy! I think it's so fun, I didn't think that I can also be a sexy girl!" I keep asking her about the bottom line of being a sexy girl: heels? "When dating a guy I think it's ok" Cute dress? "Depends on the place! Before I won't even look, but now when I'm shopping, I will look a little". What about challenging custom made high class clothes for the red carpet" "It's ok too! But I need to be nominated! Otherwise I have to lay down a red carpet by myself and walk on it!"




Hugging Love

Every actress must face the media on questions about love, Ella is open about any questions, but once it is about love, she will immediately turn on her self defenses, especially since everyone has been spreading the rumor about Ella getting married for a while. Even though her representative already blocked this question, I still couldn't help but ask if she wants to get married now? "I don't oppose marriage, but several times I've felt that it's ok to be by myself, but if in life one can meet a good person, and can also take the next step, then why oppose it?"



Translations by acilsakura @ http://asianfanatice.net

PLEASE TAKE FULL CREDITS IF/WHEN TRANSFERRED ELSEWHERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment